Wednesday 1 May 2013

Development - Digi-Pack 1st Draft

Here is my first draft of the front of my album cover, again to improve my work I will ask my target audience for their opinion on what I could improve in my work, I will first show my target audience the front of my album cover. 

1st Draft 


Below is the feedback I got from my target audience :-
  • The background is too dark, needs to be made lighter like the magazine advertisement. 
  • The main image is good you are able to see all of the band members faces, therefore being able to see their facial expressions.
  • To make the title stand out you should underline it like with the magazine advertisement. 
  • You are able to see that red and white are your colour scheme, I feel that this is a good choice as love songs usually use the colours of red and white. 
From the feedback I can see that I only need to make a few small changes to my work. When showing my target audience the front of the album cover I also showed them the magazine advertisement so that they can see that I have used text, colours and symbols to relate the two products together. 

2nd Draft

Below is my second draft, I have made all the changes that my target audience advised me to, below is now what the front of my album cover looks like.

I then again asked my target audience if they had any other advise to help me improve my work, below is what they said :-
  • I like the way the middle of the background is light in the middle it gives an added effect to the entire front cover. 
  • The title stands out so much more now and looks more effective. When the two lines weren't there the top of the cover looked a bit plain and boring. 
  • I don't think there is anything else to add to the album cover as you wouldn't want to over crowd it. 
Now that me and my target audience are happy with the front of my album cover I will now start on the back of the album cover. 

1st Draft

This is the back of my album cover, in my personal opinion I feel that the back of the album cover looks plain however I feel that I already have all the relevant information on the back cover therefore I will ask my target audience for their opinion. 


This is what my target audience said :-



  • You need to place a logo on either the front or the back of the album, every professional album has one.
  • The song names really stand out well to the audience they are at a good font size. 
  • Need to place a bar code. 
  • From looking at your magazine advertisement and the front of your album cover I feel that placing the falling petals would be a good idea, the petal could be a symbol that your fans look for when searching for your band.  


2nd Draft

In my second draft I have now placed all the information and symbols that my target audience advised me on. 


Now looking at the back of my album cover it looks so much better, the petal give a real professional effect. I asked my target audience as a group if they thought I needed anything else on the back cover their response was that they didn't feel anything else was needed as it could possibly over crowd everything, the back cover is at a good balance of images and text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment