Wednesday 1 May 2013

Development - Magazine Advert 1st Draft

Below is the first look at what my magazine advert looks like. In order to improve my work I would take my work round to my target audience and ask for their opinion on what I could do to improve my work. 


1st Draft

Below is the feed back that I was given to improve my work :-

  •  The main image would look better in colour, it stands out but in the wrong way it doesn't fit in with the poster. 
  • Needs a logo.
  • The CD cover that is being advertised doesn't look like a CD cover it just looks like an image, need to be turned into a CD cover. 
  • The background is a nice colour to contrast other colours off of. I like the way it is lighter in the middle as slowly darkens as it gets to the sides. 
  • The title and the information underneath need a line underneath each line to make it stand out more to the audience. 
  • I like how the "Special Guests" is in a smaller text to the "Imagine Dragons" it stands out well, i also like that it is of a darker colour than the rest of the text. 
  • It needs a twitter or face book icon to show the audience that you are able to follow the band on either one of these sites. 
From this feedback I will now go back to my work and make improvements, once I have made the improvement i will go and ask my target audience again if I could make any more improvements.

2nd Draft

Below is my second draft, I have made all the changes that my target audience has advised me too, below is what my magazine advertisement now looks like.


This is my second draft, when looking at my first draft and mt second draft I feel that there has been a vast improvement, I feel that my work looks more professional. So now that I have now completed my second draft I went to go and ask my target audience if I could make anymore changes, however this time I took my album cover with me, as my magazine and album have to look related. Below are the comments I got this time. 


  • The title and information below stand out clearly and catch my attention quickly. 
  • The main image goes well, the lighting has been edited well and goes well with the rest of the colours on the poster. 
  • From looking at the album cover, you could add some petals to the magazine as though they are falling from the top of the page like the back of the album cover. 
From the feedback this time all I am going to do is add falling petals to the magazine advertisement, this will be a tester, once I have added the petal I will show my target audience my magazine advertisement with falling petals and with out the falling petals depending on what magazine advertisement is choose as the favorite will be chosen as my final magazine advertisement. 
 
3rd Draft

Below is the magazine advertisement with petals.


When I showed my target audience this magazine advertisement and my 2nd draft, the chosen magazine advertisement was the magazine with petal, I asked my target audience why they liked this one the most and the main answer was that the petal showed that the magazine and the album were easily recognizable and belonged to the same advertising group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment